Join the team
We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits.
Our office is the perfect environment for professionals who like a fast pace and have insatiable curiosity. We are constantly learning with and from each other—about issues that matter, organizations making a difference and creative ways to communicate. We like teamwork, prize organizational skills and are eager to understand complex topics. We seek colleagues who add their own diverse experience to our talents, participate in our team-based culture and, through their own individual work style, help creativity flourish.
Graphic artist. Fast-paced public relations firm McCabe Message Partners seeks a creative, uber-organized graphic artist to join its talented team. DC-based Message Partners communicates about health and the issues that affect it. We work on meaningful issues in a fun and challenging environment. Comprised of nearly 30 professionals, some of whom excelled in the healthcare practices of the nation’s largest PR firms, our agency combines the expertise and client roster of a national firm with the heart and soul of a boutique business.
Message Partners seeks a graphic artist with at least two years of relevant experience to work in its Dupont Circle office as part of a two-person graphics team. Our graphic artists play a prominent role in the day-to-day running of accounts, so project management and strong attention to details are required, as are creativity and the ability to work quickly, sometimes under pressure. Typical assignments include client presentations, issue briefs, reports on public policy, data briefs, infographics, social media images and new business proposals. We have a strong interest in adding more video, photo and gif images to our work. An interest in other fundamentals of PR (writing, pitching reporters, events, etc.) is preferred.
Successful candidates will have the portfolio, demeanor and creativity to work successfully with the firm’s staff, clients, vendors and other agency partners.
Interested candidates should email their resume, with salary requirements, to Careers@MessagePartnersPR.com (use “ROO-6” in the subject line).
Spring 2018 Internship
Message Partners is looking for a paid, full-time intern to start by January 29. Interns are vital members of account teams and participate in a variety of client-related activities. Responsibilities may include preparing targeted media lists, assisting in event planning and execution, conducting research, assisting in partnership development, monitoring coverage in national and local media, participating in brainstorms and providing administrative support. Message Partners interns gain valuable experience in media relations, partnership building and health policy, and often contribute to and provide support for major events and press conferences. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in communications and/or health policy
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and writing skills (a writing test may be administered at the time of the interview)
- Ability to proofread a variety of materials quickly and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable making phone calls
- Ability and willingness to understand complex client topics and issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (including basic design, formatting and using formulas)
- Proficiency in working with various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)
- Bachelor’s degree
- The position is full time – 40 hours a week at $14/hour; $560 a week
- Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Unpaid leave for vacations, appointments, etc., can be arranged in advance
To Apply – Submit cover letter and resume to:
*No phone calls please*